Selling A Home: Quiz
The idea of selling a home doesn’t sound that complicated, does it?
Then why when we looked at the end of last month did the figures show that 7600 listings of homes for sale had expired in the last 45 days.
That’s right, 7600 homes that were for sale had the listing expire in 45 days. If the average listing period was 90 days that means a lot of people had strangers in their homes for the better part of a quarter of a year and they did not get it sold. That makes for a lot of happy campers, doesn’t it? Maybe selling a home is not as easy as a lot of people think or they need more education about it … Let’s find out.
Our first quiz: Let’s see how many of these questions you can answer about selling a home.
- What’s the average length of time it takes to sell a home?
- How long a period of time should you sign a listing for?
- Are commissions negotiable? If so about what negotiated commission rate should you shoot for before your success will hurt getting your home sold? Can you think of the reason why?
- When you hire a discount commission real estate company to sell your home why do many of those owners end up paying more than they would have if they had hired a full-service company? (I am not criticizing these companies. I believe in them. The question is about whether you understand what can happen to you, or not.)
- What are 5 types of marketing you should expect from a real estate company when you hire them to sell a home for you, excluding putting a sign in the yard and a listing into the MLS?
- How do you guarantee yourself that you will get the marketing promised when you listed the property?
- What is the main reason that 80% of the people who try to sell their homes by themselves end up listing the house with a real estate company?
- What is a different method that people could use to sell their homes and accomplish what they wanted? (Sell their home and not pay 5-7% commission)
- What expenses are a seller responsible for when selling a home?
- Does this quiz suck or what??
- What is the best way to handle an open house?
- What is the best way to stage a house for sale?
- That’s Enough Isn’t It?